Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blogging Shall Recommence...Nowish

Hello there, my poor neglected blog. I know I owe you an apology for my absence, but I'm not offering one. You'll just have to deal with it. Speaking of deals...

I HAD A BOOK BIRTHDAY!!!

My kindle serial, Deal With A Demon, was released on April 2nd. Amazing. And with the release of each new episode, I get a jolt of pride and accomplishment. I'm humbled by the knowledge that there are people out in the world (strangers even!) who are learning about the characters who have been living inside of my skull for the past couple of years. And liking them. I have to say I didn't always like them--sometimes they were a total pain in my ass. But they were born and will continue to grow, and I hope, hope, hope that they will find a special place in readers' hearts. The past few months of my life have been pure insanity, but every single day I can hop on over to Amazon, type my title in the search box, and have visual proof that I did what I set out to do.
And I'll keep doing it. Over and over and over.

There's also an end in sight to the chaos that is my schedule. My new tattoo shop is 95% done. (She's gorgeous, by the way. A real stunner.) I'm currently working on book two in the demon series. And I'm going to the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention in just a couple of weeks--for the first time as a PUBLISHED AUTHOR.

-->Sidebar: In 2010 I attended my first Romantic Times Convention. I heard about it from a tattoo client who shared my love of romantic fiction. (Holly! I owe you a SERIOUS thank you!) I checked out the website and noticed a Pre-Con Beginner Writer workshop. I took the plunge and signed up. My life was forever changed. Not only did I learn the basics of writing romance, I met some incredible people, including my two critique partners who I'm still critiquing with (and putting tattoos on, but that's another story). I made forever friends and gained a network of mentors. But I didn't just meet new people and learn about writing, I learned how to fill the empty spot in my soul and took the first teeny tiny baby steps toward making a long-held dream a reality.<--

I'm also attending the Romance Writers of America National Conference in July where I'll be SIGNING the PRINT EDITION of Deal With A Demon.

And I promise, my poor neglected blog, I will make time for you.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your release, Celeste.

    I bought this on 4/15 and look forward in reading it.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey! I really hope you enjoy it.

      Delete